The Redevelopment Authority, as a redevelopment authority in a County of the Second Class A, is authorized under the Pennsylvania Race Horse and Development Gaming Act of 2004, as reenacted and amended by the Act of October 30, 2017, P.L. 419 (the “Act”), to receive one (1%) percent of the gross terminal revenue from Parx Casino and Racetrack to administer municipal grants to the municipality in which the gaming facility is located, the county in which the licensed facility is located and to the municipalities that are contiguous to the municipality in which the gaming facility is located or are wholly within the boundaries of a contiguous municipality. Grants from Pennsylvania Gaming Revenues are authorized by the Board of Directors of the Redevelopment Authority of the County of Bucks, under the Municipal Grant Program created by the Act from language introduced by Senator Robert M. “Tommy” Tomlinson.
COVID-19 EMERGENCY NON-PROFIT RELIEF PROGRAM
The COVID-19 Emergency Non-profit Relief Program (Program) is the second emergency relief program launched as part of a collaborative effort between the County Commissioner’s and the Redevelopment Authority of the County of Bucks to rapidly deploy critical support to organizations providing vital services to combat the negative effects of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic. The Program is targeted to non-profit organizations providing critical services to Bucks County communities impacted by the unprecedented challenges of COVID-19 and projects that address impacts associated with Parx Casino in Bensalem Township.
Applications must be submitted to the Redevelopment Authority by May 1, 2020. Applications will strictly target 501(c)(3) organizations with a successful track record of providing services to the Bucks County community.
- Applicants with a physical location and/or a primary service area in a “MGP Eligible Municipality” (listed below).
MGP Eligible Municipalities:
- Bensalem Township
- Bristol Borough
- Bristol Township
- Hulmeville Borough
- Langhorne Borough
- Langhorne Manor Borough
- Lower Southampton Township
- Middletown Township
- Penndel Borough
- 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations operating in Bucks County
Form of Assistance:
- Grants up to $10,000.
- Funds must be used to address negative impacts of COVID-19 on Bucks County communities.
- Funds shall be used to support human services, emergency services, health and public safety, and facility costs associated with Parx Casino.
- Qualified organizations must complete and submit an electronic application available on the Redevelopment Authority’s website: bcrda.com
- Organizations will be required to upload 501(c)(3) IRS determination letter
- Organization will be required to upload most recent IRS Forms 990
- Applications are expected to be reviewed within 48-hours of receipt. Only complete applications will be processed and reviewed.
- Grant proceeds will be disbursed after execution of a grant agreement and any other required documents.
- Every effort will be made to complete all aspects of the application process via virtual/electronic methods.
The Redevelopment Authority’s physical office is closed until further notice pursuant to Governor Wolf’s Order of March 19, 2020. Redevelopment Authority staff will continue to work remotely from home. Please DO NOT CALL the Redevelopment Authority’s office at this time